Saturday, April 14, 2007

Going to See/Hear Billy Collins


Thanks to my friend Josh who works at the Woodstock Opera House and Read Between the Lynes, I found out that a handful of tickets had opened up for the Billy Collins poetry reading coming on April 19th. So my wife and I are going this Thursday morning to hear a great poet.

This is another great thing about Woodstock. Some people in Woodstock don't like the small town feel. I'm a bit like that because I really enjoy larger cities. But how many cities like Woodstock get a guy like Billy Collins to show up? And how many would come close to selling out an event like this? It's a great thing, and I'm excited to be able to go.

I'm also impressed that we have such a good independent bookstore in Woodstock. My wife and I spent a little time last night talking to Arlene Lynes about the poetry reading, all the Billy Collins books they have for the event, etc. I'm glad to get to know her a bit and I took advantage of the opportunity to grab a couple more Billy Collins books with my 10% member discount. If you don't use our local bookstore you are missing out.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, so sorry to learn of your Mom's passing, my condolences to you and your family.

I enjoyed your blog today (my first visit), especially the wonderful pics and the serendipity of the new van and Billy Collins stories - there are no accidents, eh?! Keep up the good work.

Lisa

 
At Friday, April 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for your kind words about Read Between the Lynes. I absolutely love being here on the Woodstock Square and serving our community. What a great day with Billy Collins! I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. Thanks again! Arlene

 
At Friday, April 20, 2007, Blogger Steve McCoy said...

Thanks Arlene. I'm a bibliophile so your store is important to me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home