Saturday, May 12, 2007

New, Improved Farmer's Market

I had a few minutes to check out the new and improved Farmer's Market on the Square today. I was very impressed. Rather than taking up a 1/2 block segment on the outside of the Square it took up 1/2 of the park-side parking on the Square. And there isn't any seasonal produce yet! Could be a great summer to enjoy the Farmer's Market and make it a regular part of your shopping. Hey, it's obviously really good, fresh stuff.

I also encourage you to use this opportunity buy local. One of the things I try to do, albeit imperfectly, is support local businesses and small town businesses. It's not easy. It's not always as cheap as "the big guys." I get it. But these are folks who are working hard to bring you fresh stuff. When you support them you support all of us. Think about it at least. :)

One of the delightful new aspects of the Farmer's Market today was the presence of a group of five musicians playing some beautiful, instrumental music on the Square. Really enjoyed them playing, and I grabbed a few photos. See them all on the Woodstock, IL Flickr group (or my Flickr page). Here's a selection...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home