Saturday, November 10, 2007

Date Night

I never apologize to my kids for taking "date nights" with my wife. I can think of few things that are as important for my kids than to know that I'm so love my wife that I can't wait to find time alone with her and away from them. Don't get me wrong. My kids know I love to spend time with them. But the continuing cultivation of my marriage makes me a better husband and therefore a better father. I had time alone with Molly tonight in Woodstock, and it was wonderful.

First we went to Pirro's, a favorite restaurant of ours in Woodstock or anywhere. I usually get some sort of pasta and last night I got lasagna for the first time. I tasted my wife's lasagna from Pirro's last time around and it was delicious. This time I ate the whole thing. Wow. Molly got a chicken sandwich on foccacia. She loved it and was raving halfway through. If you haven't made Pirro's a place to eat or meet, you should. I'm sure I'll brag on them again.

We watched Dan in Real Life at the Woodstock Theater (Classic Cinemas) and enjoyed it. It's getting some decent reviews and it should. Might be a nice date movie with your spouse.

Starbucks received some after-dinner business from us. A peppermint white chocolate for Molly while I enjoyed my typical "grande-skim-3-pump-extra-hot-no-whip-mocha." And, by the way, Starbucks is in full holiday swing including the incomparable "Cranberry Bliss Bar." Holy cow. Christmas is so important for my very rare dessert passions, and Starbucks is a big part of that. Try it...trust me.

We don't always "date" in Woodstock, but we are always glad when we do. A great place to continue to love my wife...and my city.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Blogger Telika said...

what a lovely blog about Woodstock! This is Telika I am ad sales at The woodstock Independent and I write a column. Maybe you read it? anyway you have a lovely blog.

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Blogger Steve McCoy said...

Thanks Telika. Sure, we get the WI. Hope we get the chance to meet sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home