Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007


Forgive my absence, but I was out of town for a bit. Glad to be back and enjoying our fair city with my family. Memorial Day is one of those weird holidays where people are having parties and yet we are remembering those who died in service of our country. I suppose one of the best ways we can honor those who died is to exercise our freedom.

Today our family both remembered the fallen and celebrated our freedom on the Woodstock Square. We arrived at 10am for the hour long ceremony (the Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem, a speech, recognizing some veterans, etc). Then at 11am the parade began. Not a parade really, but a dispersal of great candy that my awesome kids share with their daddy.

Here are some photos from a beautiful Memorial Day in Woodstock. More can be found on my Flickr page.




1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea, Steve...I may have to steal it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home