Friday, August 11, 2006

Proximity

Fly AwayI may have mentioned this before, and I certainly will mention it again. One of the things I love about Woodstock is our proximity to great stuff. For example, we are a short trip away from the city of Chicago and all it offers. But we also have proximity to outdoorsy stuff. In 15 minutes we can find our way into Wisconsin and the great outdoors.

On Monday I drove to Ace Hardware in Woodstock to buy, for the first time in my life, a fishing license. A Wisconsin fishing license to be exact. Then my buddy Dan brought me, his dad's boat, and some KFC up to Lake Geneva. We got a dozen suckers (that's some big bait) and dropped a few lines in the water looking for Northern Pike.Dan the Man

I came up empty, but Dan pulled in three decent sized Pike. They were too small to keep, but it was still fun.

But the best part of the trip wasn't the fishing. It was time with a good friend on gorgeous summer August night. The temperature was perfect and the sunset was beautiful. It's one of those nights when you remember that recreation is more than passing time. It's re-creation.

Now, if I can just land a fish next time. :)

Getting Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home